Date: 6th – 8th November 2020
Team Size: 6 Riders
Well, racing is back for 2020, although it feels a little surreal given the recent global events. This year we are later than normal in reaching out to everyone.
SPR has a proud tradition of racing at the Tour of Margaret River as part of our annual race calendar and we would like to continue that in 2020.
We are now calling for Expressions of Interest for SPR Members to be a part of the SPR Squad for 2020 prior to opening nominations so we can get a gauge of the number of teams for this year.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last year SPR fielded 4 teams comprising 1 x Womens, 3 x Mens with 6 volunteers (who are vital to the event and logistics).
What is included:
- 3 days racing + event registration
- Team accommodation (4 nights)
- Team BBQ
- Subsidy for SPR Volunteers
So before you move, please understand there are a few “non-negotiables” when nominating:
- You must be a current member of SPR or extraordinary member.
- You must have or be prepared to have an SPR Race License (your Recreational License can be upgraded to Race or week-long licenses are available for the event).
- You should be expecting to train and race through the year with the SPR Team(s) to prepare.
There will be some more information released and Q&A Information Sessions prior to nominations officially opening. Nominations this year will require a deposit and an acceptance of the SPR ToMR Guidelines. Think of them as Terms and Conditions, Expectations, “The Rule Book” – they have become a necessary documented guide for us and will be published when nominations open.
If you have any questions, have a chat with our President or myself post-ride on Saturday’s at Dome or during the week.